Thursday 9 October 2008

Difference in culture

This is just an observation but young people this side of the world are hugely different to the ones at home. I first noticed it in tween magazines in Hong Kong a girl no older than 12 was posing in a very small swimsuit with huge amounts of make up on. This was my first extreme. Thailand is completely different, I have seen no teenagers on the streets unless they are begging, everyone is very modestly covered with very little skin showing. Even the American’s at the school have taken up this cultural difference its very different to home small western style tops are available but not worn by the locals. I have also noticed there is a lot more respect here for your elders, its crazy how the world evolves in different ways. Its almost fascinating. Another thing I have picked up is no one had the same competitive fighting spirit we have at home things like playing a simple game you cheer and you get a very funny look.

No comments: