Friday 15 June 2007

Birthday Surprise


Yesterday, Dave took me to london for the day with me not quite knowing what was going to happen. We jumped on the train (and quite a few hot, smelly tubes) and had a magnificent day.

We started by going to Tate modern where my phrase for the day was "Grow some culture man!" I was a bit disappointed that there was no big slide. From there Dave took me to a lovely restaurant where we had dinner overlooking the Thames, we then re-crossed the Millennium bridge (but I couldn't make it sway, no one told me that they fixed it :-( ). Then we went and had look at St. Paul's and promptly jumped back on a hot train (yuck! I hate the tube) and went to my surprise destination

//cue music that build suspense//

We walked down Dury Lane (but couldn't find the muffin man, or even a muffin - that's my childhood dreams shattered), ohohoh... I managed to majorly embarrass Dave by singing "Have you seen the muffin man." Rock and Roll! We had a look round Covent Garden, all the little boutiques, and then finally too my surprise....

//cue drum roll//

THE BLUEMAN GROUP

Ahhh, it was so amazing, I really really really recommend it. We sat in the first four rows with amazing views of the Blue men. I think one of the best bits was at the end when they pulled our huge amounts of (recycled) loo roll over our heads, and I got scared by a Blue man grrr...we jumped on a few trains home, only to find Stuart Bellamy at Victoria station (who was "going to the pub" teehee). We even managed to grab some chips and got to Slam before it started.
One intense, but hugely amazing, day!

PS. This post has been guest edited by Dave, because Rosie doesn't like his keyboard!

No comments: