Tuesday 27 November 2007

Mini posts

I haven’t blogged for ages so here are a few of the mini blogs that didn’t quite get finished due to huge lack of time.

Showers and baptism:

If Jesus had had a shower to his disposal would be have baptised people using that as it is a more effective way of washing, if you use than thinking that being dunked is like a bath. As well as this is know that a baptism is a public display of your commitment, but public is any number over two people… would it be deemed acceptable to do it in front of say three close friends/family members?


Books and Glasses:

It has got to the sad state lately that I find it hard to read a book without my glasses yes that does mean I have ‘readers’…but I have been reading a book I have had on my book shelf for ages. “What every volunteer youth worker should know” by Danny Brierley. I have quite enjoyed reading it. It has had some thought provoking points made not that I can find it at this precise minute (my pencil marks have failed me) but there is a point in the book that says it’s a youth leaders role to encourage the young people to challenge the status quo of the church, to encourage them to question and change things as it points our they are the next generation and without this change church would have never have changed.

Sociology and religion:

After a lot of change my sociology coursework became about young men and women’s views on religion. Having started this study I have decided I don’t like it. Its very interesting but its making me look at the darker side of religion especially Christianity, as much as I am the first to pick holes in something some people are worse than me. I have been made to pick out the oppression of women in the bibles turns out that I have been reading it with a very closed minded approach, I think in future I will think twice before picking a subject I enjoy too much…

No comments: